Trade Floor Support AnalystAn expanding trading business based in central London is looking for a Trade Floor Support Analyst to join them on a Fixed...
Data Scientist - Energy Trading
A well known commodities trading business based in central London is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis.
Working directly with the Front Office trading teams, the Data Scientist will support the development of power trading activities in the European markets through the implementation of statistical trading strategies. You will actively develop speculative and systematic trading opportunities in the power markets through data analysis and interaction with market specialists, whilst building your own tools to originate and bring-to-market new strategies on the back of statistical analysis.
The successful Data Scientist will also perform and lead systematic market analysis, and be responsible for data manipulations for the desk. You will interface with IT for data subject, and advise on technological enhancements.
The successful Data Scientist will need to have:
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of statistical software, with programming skills in Python, SQL, and VBA
- Proven experience with Data mining techniques
- Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with data and creating value through statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Predictive analysis, and commercial and/or risk-taking experiences would be highly advantageous.
- Degree level education in a numerate subject or equivalent experience.
For more details on this Data Scientist opportunity, please get in touch at your earliest convenience with an up to date CV to the details below.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.