High-Performance, distributed, greenfield financial projects Learn: C++, Python, GoLang, Scala, RubyAbout the position:My client are a fast growing software company operating within the Finance industry....
High-Performance, distributed, greenfield financial projects - Learn: C++, Python, GoLang, Scala, Ruby
About the position:
My client are a fast growing software company operating within the Finance industry. They currently have established offices Sydney and Frankfurt and are now growing their team in London. The role is joining a small and dedicated team based near Bank Station.
Their product is a scalable and resilient high performance distributed big data calculation engine for financial risk exposure and management. The role would be a combination of supporting the existing product and helping design and implement the next version. The successful candidate will be working on real time simulations and the total re-architecture, redesign, refactoring of their system. You will be involved in every part of the process from the architecture to integration.
The new product will be designed to utilise the newer big data technologies to meet the demands for on-the-fly analytical requests and user configurable aggregation functions on ever larger data sets.
The current application is in C++. Going forwards they are going to be bringing in more work with GoLang, Ruby, Python and Scala among other things, making this a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to pursue an ambitious and senior polyglot career. They're already moving more AI and machine learning into their projects and are looking to increase this.
My client are both well funded and highly ambitious, with a dynamic and positive environment offering plenty of opportunities for their team to learn, grow and develop their skills. They believe in creating a very supportive space to help their employees realise your full potential. They also recognise the importance of a happy and engaged team by maintaining a sense of fun and ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for quality software development and technology
- Thorough understanding of the theory and practise of Object Oriented software development
- Experience in developing in an Object-Oriented language such as: C#, Java or C++
- Familiarity with a scripted languages such as: Ruby or Python
- Interest in continual improvement learning new skills such as Go Lang and Scala
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A relevant degree from a good University.
- Ideally around 3-5 years commercial development experience
Strong communication skills are a must-have for this role as you will need to be communicating with our global offices. The successful candidate will be eligible to work in the UK.
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Platforms for distributed computing such as Apache Spark.
- Micro-services architecture
- Continuous Integration process
- Experience with agile processes
- Any knowledge of stochastic calculus, financial risk and financial derivatives
Snapshot - why you should join:
- Very interesting and challenging work
- On the job training with close mentoring by very senior and experience experts
- High remuneration package
- Enjoyable, supportive and positive environment
- Relaxed and flexible culture.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.