Application Support AnalystMy client is a FinTech business that are seeking an Application Support Analyst to join their expanding team dedicated to ensuring the smooth...
Oracle Support Analyst / Developer - Permanent - Brighton - £38-45K
My client who are a financial services provider with over 40 years' experience, based in the heart of the Brighton are looking for a knowledgeable Oracle Support Analyst and Developer to come and join their ever-growing team.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support for an Oracle financial platform within agreed service levels, including code analysis and system investigation in support of incidents and requests, whilst delivering software updates of a high standard in terms of fit, application design and code quality. To ensure standards and practices are followed and supported. You will also be providing MI to all business areas, using and developing relevant tools within IS and the business and building good working relationships with all areas of the business and IS and to ensure production support is provided in line with agreed SLA's.
- To respond to and resolve Help-desk calls raised by the business, in-line with SLA's and as directed by the Team Manager
- Ensures that production issues are owned until resolution, communicating with business leads and line manager accordingly.
- Reporting of software issues to relevant third parties.
- To ensure that own processes are fully documented, so that services can be maintained in the event of absence.
- Reduce single points of failure to ensure that there is extended cover in periods of absence
- To evaluate new solutions, procedures, practices and approaches particularly where no previous guidelines exist.
- Must be willing to work on a mix of development and application support tasks
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Proven track record of working in an application support or support/developer role.
- At least 5 years of experience in Oracle 10, 11 and 12 with PL-SQL
- Experience of working with Oracle Web Logic 10, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports
- Demonstrated ability to translate user MI requirements into SQL queries.
- Oracle DBA experience an advantage
- Excellent customer facing & communication skills, liaising with customers with the ability to explain complex technical issues in an easily understood manner
- Good planning, communication (verbal and written) and investigation skills.
- Experience of investigating critical issues and providing root cause analysis.
- Experience of writing Major Incident Reports post issue resolution
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.