A Business Intelligence focussed Consultant with experience working on large scale core Data & BI Solutions: SAS, SQL, Teradata, PowerBI, QlikView/QlikSense/QlikCore, Microsoft Stack (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) and...
A Business Intelligence focussed Consultant with experience working on large scale core Data & BI Solutions: SAS, SQL, Teradata, PowerBI, QlikView/QlikSense/QlikCore, Microsoft Stack (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) and others in an Agile environment is required to join a leading consultancy in Manchester. The business has an excellent reputation and an enviable list of clients across the financial services sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for a BI/Data Consultant looking to take on the next challenge in their career, or to work on a variety of high profile data focussed projects, where you will be working closely with your assigned clients.
About the role:
As the BI / Data Consultant, you will have excellent analytical skills, which you will utilise to evaluate information and distinguish user requirements. You will be working closely with your assigned clients. In addition to this you will be responsible for the following:
- Engaging with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements
- Delivery of user stories, business requirement documents,
- Supporting development and testing activities
- Business Requirements Analysis using structured techniques e.g. BPMN
- Logical Data Modelling (modelling the system)
As the Data / BI Consultant, you will have working knowledge of data management and business intelligence environments, engaging with developers and the wider business. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Demonstrated experience of building capability and leading propositions and taking new ideas to market
- Worked with different development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall and Scrum
- Experience in multiple areas - Data Management, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Migration, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Project Delivery across advisory and technical delivery projects.
- Willingness to travel to client sites
- Evidence of support, helping and leading sales.
- Prior experience of one or multiple core Data & BI Solution: SAS, SQL, Teradata, PowerBI, QlikView/QlikSense/QlikCore, Microsoft Stack (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) and others.
The business is offering up to £75,000 + extensive benefits for the ideal candidate, with the opportunity to grow within the business. Travel is expected for this position, so having access to your own car is a must.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.