A Lead Java Developer is required to join a leading technology business in their Manchester office. You will have the opportunity to remain 60% hands-on....
A Lead Java Developer is required to join a leading technology business in their Manchester office. You will have the opportunity to remain 60% hands-on. You'll be an experienced Java developer, having led teams or had leadership experience, looking to progress your career. You will be joining a company who invest heavily in technology and are big investors in their staff. Their offices are easily accessible via public transport
About the role:
As the Lead Java Developer you will be responsible for ensuring the technical quality of the delivery of software, staying involved in coding activities where required. In addition to this, you'll also be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring best practice during development
- Management of technical debt and raising new stories
- Management of a team of five developers
- Working on the business' platform, which has received a £60milion investment - built using technology including AWS, Java, Springboot and VueJS
- Support, guidance and training
- Stakeholder management / engagement
As the Lead Java Developer, you will have prior experience within a Lead role or as a Senior Developer with leadership responsibilities. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Extensive experience with Object Orientated principles and advanced knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Iterative software development lifecyle - Kanban, Lean Agile, Scrum
- Test Driven Development using Mockito, Junit or similar
- Experience of using Build Tools such as Maven
- RESTful services/systems - XML / JSON
- Code refactoring
- Web services standards such as JAXP, XML, JAX-WS, JSON, AJAX, SOAP etc
This is an exciting role to be part of a company that offers personal and career progression, with access to many tools and resources. As the Lead Java Developer, you will have the opportunity to work within dynamic business areas and take part in interest groups such as Continuous Integration, DevOps and Big Data.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.