"You're the Quality Assurance person, you're responsible for Quality""It worked on my machine""Users aren't going to do that"If these sentences are commonly overheard in your...
"You're the Quality Assurance person, you're responsible for Quality"
"It worked on my machine"
"Users aren't going to do that"
If these sentences are commonly overheard in your office, it could be that you are working somewhere with too many invisible walls between Developers, Testers, BAs, Product Owners and the rest of the team.
Is there a better way to work?
- The entire software development team communicate in a supportive, non-blame culture
- They passionately believe that everyone is responsible for quality from the beginning
- Getting out of your seat to talk to someone is encouraged and common practice
Testers are seen as copy editors: the developers KNOW that you are there to make them look good. If you point out an error in the code, they know that it's the code that's broken, not them or their talents. As such they respond in a positive and efficient way.
- Tech HQ in their newly refurbished offices in the Northern Quarter (they are in one of the old converted Mill buildings - really cool offices)
- One of the most tech passionate environments in Manchester - ELK stack, latest version of MVC etc.
- Agile and iterative development is at the heart of everything they do - really value SOLID & TDD (over 90% test coverage in service layer)
- They build eCommerce web & mobile platforms for some of the biggest brand names in the world e.g. Real Madrid are a key customer
- Genuinely fun, team based environment
- A fridge stocked full of different types of soft drinks, beers, wine, (and it's the good stuff) and every event caters to Halal and Gluten Free diets
- A purposefully inclusive environment where everyone is made to feel safe, heard and welcome
Having placed the Test Lead there and met the entire team on several occasions over the years, I can confidently say that you will be working in a genuinely awesome Testing team with some very real, very down to earth humans.
Get me @InterimAmy or call on the number below for a chat about this opportunity
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.