Senior and Mid-Level Backend Developer roles C#.Net, ASP.Net, Azure, SQL, Nunit, Octopus About the company: My client are a London (Waterloo) based Fintech. Their...
Senior and Mid-Level Backend Developer roles - C#.Net, ASP.Net, Azure, SQL, Nunit, Octopus
About the company:
My client are a London (Waterloo) based Fintech.
Their product is an multiple award-winning banking app, who, since being founded in 2015 have had a hugely successful journey, clocking up hundreds of thousands of downloads. As it stands they are one of the top fastest growing financial applications in the UK.
They are backed by some of the UKs leading venture capital investors and following a recent surge in funding are now looking to scale up significantly. Currently 25 employees and set to double in size this year.
About the role:
While growing at a rapid pace that they are, support is needed to facilitate this growth. This role will be working in a team of talented development professionals, to further develop the web API that is consumed by iOS and Android devices. You will help design and develop the platform and frameworks in place to connect with third party APIs to collate data, make payments and execute commerce. This will be built to support their many thousands of users.
Our tech stack:
- C# .NET
- Microsoft Azure
- Web API, ASP.NET MVC,
- Hangfire, NUnit
- Sql Server
- MediatR / CQRS.
- TeamCity and Octopus Deploy for automated releases
What You'll be doing:
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing developing scalable, resilient systems that deliver business value.
- Write unit/integration tests along with production code to produce a reliable product.
- Collaborate with iOS/Android developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Work alongside a wider team of developers, QA testers, product managers, UX designers developers and designers to create and build new features.
- Understand and provide feedback for technical and design requirements
- Stay abreast of and (where necessary) apply the latest emerging technologies to help improve code quality and existing functionality
What they're looking for
They are looking for an "all-rounder" in full stack development. Their culture is important to them - they're looking for someone who will also be:
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that's trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
- Genuine interest in technology.
- A driven, ambitious self-starter.
- Embraces a learning mind-set and is motivated to develop skills further.
They don't expect you to be an expert in everything, but a fundamental understanding of how things work is important.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Thorough understanding of OO programming languages.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work both individually and as part of an agile team.
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions.
- Strong academic background
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Computer science or related degree.
- C# / .NET framework.
- Microsoft Azure.
- MediatR / CQRS.
- Experience designing, developing, releasing and maintaining scalable, fault tolerant systems.
- Experience dealing with large volumes of data
What the company can offer you:
- Opportunity to work with a friendly team of highly motivated engineers at a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious start-up.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can play a key role in impacting the finance industry in the UK.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company share options.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.