Talented DevOps Engineer wanted for one of the world's "Leading 100 FinTech innovators!"You will have full responsibility for their DevOps environment and their DevOps strategy...
Talented DevOps Engineer wanted for one of the world's "Leading 100 FinTech innovators!"
You will have full responsibility for their DevOps environment and their DevOps strategy making this an extremely business critical role and a huge opportunity to make an impact globally. You will also grow the team over time.
About the company:
My client are a digital banking solution based in London, with unique approach for helping people grow better at managing their money! Starting as a community group they have grown rapidly with over a thousand of their own customers investing in them.
After cementing their status as one of the most innovative FinTech's in the UK they successfully launched in the US with an overwhelming response surpassing all expectations. They continue to grow and to invest in their product, staff and vision. They are already looking into the European and Asian markets, their potential for further growth is huge and a huge part of that is going to be Development.
About the role:
What will you be doing?
- Help design, maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Review and contribute to the information security policy and associated procedures and standards
- Support the technical team in their infrastructure needs.
- Monitor health of our infrastructure.
- Suggest infrastructure evolution to help increase scalability and ease of use.
- Minimise the risks of data loss or corruption through risk assessment and make recommendations to ensure sensitive, critical and confidential data is adequately secured to meet regulatory requirements
- Monitor efficiency of data breach response plan
- Facilitate the remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security
Who are you?
To make this growth possible, they are looking for an excellent DevOps Engineer (preferably with strong DBA skills) to join their technical team. This person will play a crucial role in helping them shape the future of fast growing company that is both and exciting and dynamic. The key to this they believe will be through a newly created infrastructure team.
The skills we will be looking for are a combination of the following:
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- SQL and Query optimisation (MySQL)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Administration, Docker, Firewall and load balancing
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with automation/configuration management (Puppet, Chef or an equivalent)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Rancher
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of GIT or other Source Code control systems
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Bonus points going for:
- Significant experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience data manipulation and processing
- Understanding of JVM tuning
- Puppet and/or Chef
- SonarQube and Nexus management
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- A strong focus on business outcomes
But most importantly, we're looking for the right person - we want someone who is looking for a challenge and who wants to be part of something special.
What kind of person will you be?
- Imaginative, creative with a knack for problem solving
- Proactive attitude to finding solutions
- Think holistically and long term about your work
- Work well in a team environment and independently
- Strong communication skills both for dealing with staff and other departments
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.