A Configuration Analyst with experience of taking ownership of configuration management processes is required to join a leading international business in their Manchester office. You...
A Configuration Analyst with experience of taking ownership of configuration management processes is required to join a leading international business in their Manchester office. You will be working on developing and configuring plans, processes and standards. This is an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Analyst to join an organisation where you'll get to add value and make your mark. The businesses offices are located in central Manchester close to excellent public transport links.
About the role:
As the Configuration Analyst, you will be evaluating existing CM systems, designs and implementations. Your role will cover CI registration procedures: access controls and privileges. In addition to this, your responsibilities will also include:
- Continual verification of new/improved systems through internal auditing
- Reviewing and agreeing plans for the population of configuration management database (CMDB) - including proper management and maintenance of CMDB, central libraries, common codes, tools and data
- Using the CMDB to facilitate impact assessments for requests for change (FCS's) and to ensure implemented changes are authorised
- Planning, publicising and overseeing implementation of new CM system
- Leading the development of continuous service improvement plans
As the Configuration Analyst, you will have prior experience within a similar role, ideally having worked within a large multi-site or international environment. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Experience leading / managing teams
- 3rd party engagement
- Delivery of configuration changes for a Business configuration service catalogue
- Excellent understanding of ITIL service management and service delivery processes for the full Life Cycle of Assets, from procurement to retirement
This is an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Analyst looking to work within a fast paced, growing business, where you'll get to take ownership of a team, projects and become more strategic. You will be able to add value, getting to make your mark on a vast transformation piece in a global setting.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.