Data Analytics Technical Manager ERP Perm UK Wide Market Rates This role can be based from London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow or Edinburgh.My clients vision...
Data Analytics Technical Manager - ERP - Perm - UK Wide - Market Rates
This role can be based from London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow or Edinburgh.
My clients vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today's complex and ever-changing business world, they recognise the need to be one step ahead of their competitors - rather than reacting to emerging trends. Their people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
The Audit Data & Analytics team has been rolling out Automated Audit Procedures in the past years, a data & analytics tool that enables the firm's audit engagement teams to extract data from clients' ERP systems and perform automated audit procedures. Making KAAP essential to large UK audits is one of the Audit practice's key goals for 2017. There has been a significant investment in the KAAP infrastructure and, while the team are currently working on a standalone server, a distributed server environment has been built and will be used in the near future. The Audit Data & Analytics team is part of their Audit National practice and currently consists of three technical leads and nine processors. Due to the anticipated large volume of audit teams wishing to use KAAP, there is a need to increase the number of technical leads over the next year. This opportunity provides the right candidate with excellent development opportunities and the chance to play a key role in rolling out KAAP in the UK. The Data & Analytics Technical Lead role will be based in their London or regional offices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Process large data extracts from client ERP systems into the company tool via Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tools and scripts
- Work with client IT management to obtain data
- Work with internal teams to discuss results from the tool, and write SQL queries on the data to pull reports as required
- Collaborate with engagement teams to answer technical questions regarding procedure results, assist with client conversations, and adjust procedures for client system customisations
- Debug issues during ETL process on large data sets
- Participate in the design and development of existing or new modules, and implement necessary fixes and enhancements
- Document processes and procedures for users and administrators' use, as well as for technical training purposes
- Train and manage less experienced team members
Necessary Experience and Background:
- Proven work experience in a Big 4/consulting firm or relevant work experience in IT services organisations will also be considered
- Proven experience of SAP or Oracle data extraction and experience of issues when extracting large data sets
- Proven ability to explain results to audit teams and work with them to understand any potential issues
- Experience with managing multiple assignments concurrently and the ability to re-plan if data is not provided when expected
- Proven IT experience in ERP systems, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Strong SAP/Oracle/other large ERP systems experience and skills to enable key clients to move over successfully to KAAP
- Strong SQL Ability to work as part of a wider national team as the current team are spread across the UK
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- Postgraduate Degree in Computer Sciences, or professional qualification in accounting (ACA or international equivalent)
- Able to share knowledge and train other team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very good organisational and project management skills
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.