Senior Java Engineer FinTech Greenfield Projects Senior Java Developer required by this hugely successful and award winning FinTech to technically lead, architect, design and develop...
Who are we?
We are a money saving online platform. We carry our journalistic research and create cutting edge tools for our community of over 10 million users. We have active and passionate customers who we keep at the heart of what we do at all times.
The Tech Team:
This role is based in our London office, near Soho. Our Tech team are a crucial part of our organisation, building and improving web applications that help us save money and do what we do. They also support the CMS that is integral to communications and operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and development of the web-service layer of our web apps
- Help create solutions to requirements brought by the business
- Create tests to ensure good quality code and a stable platform
- Refactor code to ensure it gets better over time
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality code
- Collaborate with other developers
What skills and experience do I need?
- Spring - especially Spring Boot
- Java unit testing
- Developing and consuming web services (JSON, REST)
- Source control system such as Git
- Be able to suggest and define tools and libraries in order to improve the backend experience
- Learning and self-development, keeping up with latest tools/technologies
- Demonstrates good communication skills and be able to work with various stakeholders
- Interest in DevOps
- Experience setting up AWS infrastructure
Nice to have:
- Experience with AEM
- Experience of working with high traffic web applications / sites
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience of front end technologies
- Experience with NoSql databases
- Experience of working in a Dev Ops environment
- Any experience with Ansible or Docker
- Experience of Bamboo
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.