About the company:
My client are an Award-Winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. Software development is at the heart of what they do - both the quality and maintainability of their software is paramount.
****Top 10 start-ups in the UK, Top 10 British .com's, and global media coverage with Forbes, City AM & GQ****
Their platform is now present in more than 190 countries and is now an industry leader. And their offices are incredible!
Highly respected team of 90 Engineers in 4 locations, they work in collaborative teams to produce outstanding products for their customers.
The BackEnd team work mostly with Java, Python (migrating from PHP), scalable APIs and microservice architecture. As their product and software advances they've included a number of other technologies to their stack, including: Cumanix, Docker, AWS, Salt, DevOps.
Culture is just as important to them. The offices are open, fun, creative and sociable.
What you'll be doing:
As a Senior FullStack Developer, you'll be joining one of their cross-functional, product teams to work on a variety of creative technical solutions. You'll be part of a multidisciplinary team working in an agile environment.
You may be working on user facing applications, their CMS components or internal tools, processes or APIs. You will help them architect, design and implement great user experiences, applications and, you will support them in production.
You'll also have the chance to develop your managerial and leadership skills for your career progression, coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers while driving continuous improvement of engineering practices.
Experience they're looking for:
- Experience of Python or Java development
- Strong opinions, loosely held on tools, technologies and methodologies
- Comfortable with Git and common workflows
- A strong interest in technology and a desire for writing elegant code
- Keen to learn new technologies and tools
- Driven to see your team succeed
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the following front end technologies: React, Redux, ES6/ES2015, Webpack and SCSS
- Experience crafting RESTful services
- Experience using Domain Driven Design
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- An understanding of performance testing and diagnostics
- E-commerce domain experience
My client are interested in speaking with developers looking for both permanent and contract roles, so I would like to hear from you also if you are interested in a permanent position of this nature:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.