Java Engineer Java 8, AWS, DevOps, Docker, Python, API's & Microservices environment.About the company:My client are an Award-Winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty...
Java Engineer - Java 8, AWS, DevOps, Docker, Python, API's & Microservices environment.
About the company:
My client are an Award-Winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people.
***Top 10 start-ups in the UK, Top 10 British .com's, and global media coverage with Forbes, City AM & GQ***
Their platform is now present in more than 190 countries and I now an industry leader. And their offices are incredible!
Highly respected team of 90 Engineers in 4 locations, they work in collaborative teams to produce outstanding products for their customers.
Software Engineering is central to the company's success. Their technical teams have freedom to work with new technologies and encouraged to push the boundaries.
Culture is just as important to them. The offices are open, fun, creative and sociable.
What you'll be doing:
As a Java Software Engineer, you'll be joining one of their cross-functional, product teams to work on a variety of creative technical solutions. You'll be part of a multidisciplinary team working in an agile environment.
You will participate in all parts of the software development lifecycle, from designing and implementing software in Java to writing automated tests at appropriate levels of the testing pyramid. You'll also have the chance to develop your managerial and leadership skills for your career progression, coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers while driving continuous improvement of engineering practices.
You may be working on user facing applications, their CMS components or internal tools, processes or APIs. You will help them architect, design and implement great user experiences, applications and, you will support them in production.
Experience they're looking for:
- Experience designing and implementing software in Java
- A strong understanding of testing and the test pyramid
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of pipelines and feedback loops
- An understanding of code debugging and diagnostics
- A delivery focussed mind-set
Bonus points for:
- Experience building RESTful APIs and services for multiple consumers
- Experience using Domain Driven Design
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- An understanding of performance testing and monitoring tools
- E-commerce domain experience
- Experience (re)building and refactoring scalable, testable and maintainable software
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.