Are you a junior or trainee MySQL DBA? Would you like to help develop database aspects of the platform? Have you preciously used MySQL?Do you...
Are you a skilled DBA? Do you have good experience working on MySQL? Are you looking to join a team to help develop the database aspects of the platform?
Do you have experience working in a 24x7, high traffic environment?
As a DBA working on the platform you will be working with the Senior DBA on everything relating to all databases whether this is infrastructure, performance optimization, monitoring live databases or working with the team of development of new features.
You will be working closely with the development team, ensuring their schema changes and queries are optimised appropriate. You will also be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the databases.
You will sit within the new team reporting to the Senior DBA
- Experience as a DBA with at least 1 focused on MySQL or variation of, e.g. Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Experience in a 24x7, high traffic OLTP environment
- Any experience working on scaling MySQL beyond simple replication is a big bonus
- Experience with some level of database performance monitoring and analysis
- Good understanding of RDBMS systems with an emphasis on MySQL
- Experience in handling database performance optimization via query or db optimization
- Good knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS or similar flavour
- Any experience with administering NoSQL databases is beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
If the above is of interest please do apply
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.