Are you a junior or trainee MySQL DBA? Would you like to help develop database aspects of the platform? Have you preciously used MySQL?Do you...
Are you a junior or trainee MySQL DBA? Would you like to help develop database aspects of the platform? Have you preciously used MySQL?
Do you fit the above? Please read on............
As a Junior/Trainee DBA working on the platform you will be working with the Database Team on everything relating to all databases whether this is infrastructure, performance optimization, monitoring live databases or working with the team on development of new features.
You will be working closely with the development team, ensuring their schema changes and queries are optimised appropriate. You will also be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the databases.
It is a must that you are interested in a career working with MySQL in a 24x7, high traffic environment.
What's in it for you!
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Gaming area, new offices break out area
- Regular social events
- Monthly team lunches
Who we're looking for...
- A person who has had previous exposure to MySQL with a genuine interest in learning to become a MySQL DBA in a commercial environment.
- Previous usage of MySQL is a must. This might of been for example at University or as a developer.
- Any commercial experience working on MySQL is a big bonus
- Understanding of RDBMS systems with an emphasis on MySQL
- Knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS or similar flavour
- Any experience with administering NoSQL databases is beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- An excellent communicator in English, both verbal and written
- Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
Still interested? Why not apply to find out more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.