An Infrastructure Engineer with extensive experience within the Wintel stack and exposure to MAC OS is required to join a leading international business based in...
An Infrastructure Engineer with extensive experience within the Wintel stack and exposure to MAC OS is required to join a leading international business based in their Manchester office. You will be working on various major critical level 2 / 2nd line projects supporting the planning, implementation and migration of the core operation Wintel platforms. This is an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Engineer / Wintel Specialist to join an international enterprise business.
As the Infrastructure Engineer you will be taking ownership of situations, documenting, automating and working with existing teams within a level two environment. You will be investigating minor/medium sized hardware problems and requests for support, taking corrective action and improving performance. In addition to this, you'll also be responsible for the following:
- Investigation, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Working with operational IT teams to strengthen the IT estate to build a supportable and sustainable environment for the businesses infrastructure
- Development of simple test cases based on detailed requirements documentation
- Working with other members of the applications team in investigating and modelling business functions and processes using methodical and consistent techniques.
- Providing 2nd line support and BAU
About the role:
The business is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who has extensive experience working within busy, enterprise environments undergoing large scale change and transformation at level 2 / 2nd line. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Windows server and desktop operating systems - 2012 R2 / 2016, Windows 8.1 / 10, AD / DNS / DHCP
- Understanding of Mac OS, NoMAD
- Experience of SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/LAN troubleshootingThis is an exciting role for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the next big thing in tech companies to be based in Manchester. You will be involved in high profile and enterprise projects, where you will have the opportunity to take ownership, make your mark and add value.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.