SAP BO & Big DATA PERM up to 100,000 CHF Switzerland (Zurich or Bern) Senior Consultant SAP BO & Big DataMy client, a leading Telecommunications...
Support Admin - SAP
One of the worlds largest media groups based in Central London is looking for an experienced SAP Support Admin to join them on a permanent basis.
The comapny is one of the world leaders wihtin their field, whilst having thousands of empoyees who make up their global workforce.
You will be responsible for a range of tasks within the technology team, and will have the following:
- Proven SAP Basis operational expertise of minimum 3 years or more
- Proven operational experience with SAP NetWeaver
- Operational Basis Administration Experience
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that the SAP system is up and running, Check DB/OS/SAP system logs
- Check database operations/background job status and work process status
- Verify user operations, lock table and failed updates Identify SAP performance and usage issues
- Check CPU and memory usage, and response time
- Clean up transport buffers and spool, Check spool requests
- Monitoring tablespace growth, free space and DB growth
- Evaluate database consistency
- Cleaning old logs and defragmenting storage memory
- Checking and evaluating directory structure and monitoring growth of the database
- User security controls/ Checking locked transactions
- Archiving old transport files/Checking standard scheduled jobs
- Evaluating SAP profile parameters/Checking locked transactions
- Performing backup and restore tests/Maintaining database parameter files
- Checking and managing clients in test, QA, and development systems
- Check profile parameters in SAP/ Technical upgrades
- Updating kernel and applying database patches
You will be required to show:
Willingness and ability to support the wider team in critical situations
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Understanding to working to ITIL stands and ensuring all documentation is kept up to date
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.