A Lead Java Developer is required to join a leading technology business in their Manchester office. You will have the opportunity to remain 60% hands-on....
Would you like to work for an Award Winning FinTech recently named by KPMG & H2 ventures as one of the world's "Leading 100" FinTech innovators?
Senior Java Developer - Greenfield Projects
Senior Java Developer required by this hugely successful and award winning FinTech to technically lead, architect, design and develop Greenfield solutions, frameworks and micro-services required to build our next generation platform using the latest technology and cutting edge practices as they move into a DevOps and Cloud based environment.
You will "hands-on" manage a multitude of challenging full lifecycle projects including the design and build of APIs to banks, ApplePay gateways, GooglePay gateways, "Open Banking" and "Banking Light".
The successful person will most likely have:
- Java 8 and upwards
- Excellent knowledge of underlying JVM, java annotation, lightweight frameworks and multi-threading
- Spring & Spring Boot
- Spring JPA
- Microservice registration and discovery i.e. eureka (nice to have)
- Testing Frameworks i.e. JUnit, Mockito
- Application Design and Architecture
- Knowledge of REST / SOAP architecture
- Database experience (MySQL)
- Proven exposure to full life cycle development including production
Desirable skills would include:
- Spring Cloud Gateway/Zuul
- DevOps Experience
- AWS/GCP/Rancher/Kubernetes/Docker Swarm
- Docker/Docker Compose
- Knowledge of deployment and source control systems and Continuous Integration tools i.e. Jenkins/Team City/GIT, Jenkins...
The client offers a very entrepreneurial environment where you are encouraged to be creative and come up with new ideas and solutions to complex challenges.
This is a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on the strategic direction of the development and this would suit someone with a passion for web technologies, a proactive "can do" attitude and an innate drive to "make things better".
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.