C#, ASP.NET Core, SQL, WebAPIs, REST, Entity FrameworkThe role:We are an innovative software company developing real-time booking solutions for some of the world's largest and...
About the client:
One of the world's largest asset management firms, building a brand new department in Financial Services. We might be world leaders, but in many ways the department feels like a start-up, with a twist. There's the buzz of scrum working, the thrill of shaping compelling experiences, the chance to surprise and stretch yourself in response to a challenge.
In our Financial Services Technology Enablement practice we help our Banking & Insurance clients to build and manage large-scale, multi-country, complex, technology-enabled business transformation programmes. We drive this transformation through the adoption of Cloud based technologies and have strategic relationships with Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM to name a few.
Working on international systems and other Greenfield projects, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplined team of technology directors & product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers.
As a Software Developer you will be working with a variety of languages and tech, including but not limited to: Java, C#, Python, Entity Framework, SOLID, RESTful APIs, microservices, cloud services, AWS, Azure, GCP, Agile and TDD.
Some of the world's best resources, technology and high profile projects.
Industry leading training: Learning and Development Curriculum and sponsorship options for relevant certifications
Clear career progression- here, you can move on and up, adding management responsibilities.
Who are you?
We are looking for people who are passionate about tech and improvement to join us on our journey. The successful candidate will need to have:
- A appetite for technology and driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Experience in an object oriented language (C#, Java or Python)
- Experience and interest in other languages and paradigms
- An education and/or understanding of Computer Science or a field of Mathematics
Tell us about:
We would also love to hear about any exposure you've had to the following (these are not essential, but you're likely to be using them):
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- RESTful APIs and microservices best practice
- CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity, Terraform, Octopus)
- Knowledge of ORMs (Entity Framework, Hibernate)
- Worked in an Agile and XP methodologies (Scrum, pair-programming) or BDD/TDD approach
- SOLID code design practices
- Secure software development principles
- Solution development and delivery into a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- ANSI SQL scripting capability (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- NoSQL solutions (AWS DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Source control (git)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.