Are you an experienced Front-End Web Developer looking to progress your career with an exciting FinTech based in South-West London? This award winning company specialises...
My client is a London fintech, they are building cutting-edge technology for the Financial world.
They are looking for a DevOps Engineer who has a passion for technology.
They are baseed in Central London. but for the right candidate there is also a remote working option
What you will be doing:
-You will be building, monitoring and maintaining a 100% cloud environment (AWS)
-Enabling my company to keep creating secure, reliable, repeatable production roll-outs of their product, and developing tooling that enhances the lives and happiness of the DevOps team.
-Investigating new technologies that advance the observability and performance of their product
- Taking ownership of tasks, communicating ideas and decisions throughout the team and ensuring tasks are fully completed with high quality
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills, that includes understanding TCP/IP networking, scripting (one or more of Bash, Python, Java) A dislike of ad-hoc or manual processes, enjoyment of automating them away and experience of doing this using one or more of Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Experience of, or the ability to be part of an operations on-call rotation responsible for mission critical systems.
- Strong teamwork, written and oral communication skills.
- A degree in a relevant discipline.
- Desirable Attributes
- An understanding of modern infrastructure design & administration, experience of using AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or one of the other IaaS providers (Linode, Digital Ocean, OpenStack, VMWare, XEN etc.) and using Terraform, CloudFormation, boto or other orchestration tools.
- An appreciation for security, both in design & operation.
- Ability to work in a small team part of a larger organisation, capable of independent work & working with distributed team members.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery (tooling and approach).
- Experience of or a strong desire to be part of a larger engineering organisation.
- Experience building, operating, maintaining & scaling RabbitMQ/AMQP & Postgres.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.