Are you QA Analyst who is skilled on eCommerce agile and retail? If yes please read on as these skills are essential to be considered.
Are you able to lead, support and conduct the testing of new and existing systems across Core Services (Buy, Sell, Reward, etc.) ensuring that they are fit for purpose and on time to support a European development and expansion priorities.
Sounding more like you and what you are looking for?
You will shape, develop and support the Enterprise Quality Assurance projects, relationships and endeavours with Corporate to help implement and consistently drive, through regular improvement, the path to a Test Centre of Excellence.
Overview of work
- Performs highly complex testing to ensure that software meets organisation standards and business requirements, operates properly and is free from defect & risk;
- Assists in planning and managing the implementation of new QA technologies with Architecture and Development groups, and the supporting vendors;
- Capable of solving highly technical/complex problems;
- Performs ambiguity reviews on requirement documents, and will also be required to review finalised technical and/or architectural design documentation;
- Partners with Project Management, Business Analysis, Development and Architecture groups to design & develop complex testing strategies both locally and globally;
- Creates test plans, text case indexes and supporting test cases for the most highly complex projects utilising business requirements, technical and/or architectural design documentation;
- Executes the most highly complex test cases both manually and through automation where possible;
- Performs triage for highly complex defects, which includes detection, risk assessment, root cause analysis, documenting, evidencing and retesting;
- Acts as the subject matter expert on specific areas of Testing
- Mentors and develops testing associates in IT and globally;
- Identifies gaps in testing process and suggests solutions - assisting the Senior QA Managers, QA Managers & Manager of Development & QA with the drive for continuous improvement and the implementation of best practice;
- Assists the Manager of Development & QA with establishing a quality culture, based on facts and feedback;
- Works closely with the Manager of Development & QA and our EQA counterparts overseas to develop strong relationships and a firm testing practice/methodology globally;
- Provides performance feedback to management on junior staff members (Levels I - II).
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to ND/NVQ or degree level;
- Experience as Team Lead/Senior Test Analyst with proven track record;
- Prince 2 or experience of another project management methodology required;
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile);
- Detailed understanding of Software Testing Methodologies and Requirements Analysis;
- Detailed understanding of Test Process Improvement;
- Formal Test Accreditation - ISQTB Certification (Technical Test Analyst);
- Experience of co-ordination and management of third parties including offshore and outsourced relationships;
- Performs well in a team, and is able to motivate others through a strong team ethos;
- Motivated by creativity and innovation and highly developed in these skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of report writing and able to translate complex technical language into simple terms;
- High attention to detail and the desire to "get it right";
- Strong working knowledge in enterprise databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2);
- Strong working knowledge of one or more operating systems (AIX, Windows, Linux);
- Experience of other testing disciplines (Performance, Load, Automation, Data Warehousing) is beneficial;
- Experience of scripting languages in relation to development and/or testing is beneficial.
If you are an QA Analyst skilled on eCommerce, agile and retail then please do get in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.