Are you looking for a role where you can design & execute tests which validate new and legacy software? How skilled are you using Business...
Are you looking for a role where you can design & execute tests which validate new and legacy software? How skilled are you using Business Requirements and Technical Specifications in order to identify defects prior to release into the live environment?
- Act as mentor for less knowledgeable members of team and to support them in the performance of their duties.
- Cover Senior Testers duties in their absence.
- Create and maintain supporting information documents in order to provide a source for future reference.
- Create, develop, maintain & execute reusable test assets within QC/Jira or other software as required and in line with agreed standards & best practice.
- Create and maintain test scripts which can be used by all members of the Test team.
- Document test results, define & categorise bugs & chase development fixes to full resolution.
- Liaise closely with more senior testers, development teams, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Data Management & third party suppliers to ensure test objectives are met.
- Keep up to date with technology required to perform job function.
- Maintain a clean test environment.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Comply with the information security policy and procedures (e.g. PCI).
- Comply with all regulatory procedures applicable to the role.
- Report any information security incident, weakness or malfunction.
- At least 3 years proven experience of testing practice up to current date.
- Experience of QC or other similar testing or defect management tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla).
- Experienced in writing SQL queries in order to obtain and manipulate test data.
- Experience of SQL scripting tools, such as TOAD or SQL developer.
- Experience of using UNIX as an operating system.
- Experience in testing Web applications, forms & services.
- Experience of testing batch processes and using these as part of an overall test strategy.
- Experience of reporting test progress/defect status' as and when required to key stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Experience of using test harnesses such as SOAP UI/Postman or similar.
- Experience in analysing System & Functional Specifications, Business Requirements and Business Rules to identify Test Scenarios.
- Experience of working in an Agile (Kanban/Scrum) and Waterfall development environment.
- Proven experience of Test industry standards and best practice.
- Experience of working with more than one development methodology.
- Experience of Selenium or similar automation testing tool.
- Previous experience of testing practice up to current date (e,g. Systems Test or UAT).
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry.
- Experience of working within an international organisation.
- Experience in creating Test Strategies, High Level Test Plans and Test Exit Reports.
- Experience of testing Mobile Apps on Tablets and Smart Phones (iOS and Android).
- Experience of System Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Resilience Testing and Performance Testing.
- Experience of reviewing Business Requirements for consistency and to remove ambiguity.
Education and Qualification: (Please state the essential criteria)
- As a minimum has obtained BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.