Senior Java Engineer FinTech Greenfield Projects Senior Java Developer required by this hugely successful and award winning FinTech to technically lead, architect, design and develop...
What will you be doing?
You will be working closely with a multi-disciplined team of technology directors & product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers.
As a team you will be working on large, complex, international systems and other Greenfield projects, giving you chance to explore full stack development.
As a Software Developer you will be working with a variety of languages and tech, including but not limited to: C#.Net, Java, Python, Entity Framework, SOLID, RESTful APIs, microservices, cloud services, AWS, Azure, GCP, Agile and TDD.
As a valued member of the team, you'll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field.
What we can offer you:
Working with some of the world's best resources, technology and high profile projects of a major financial services client.
Industry leading training: ranging from our well defined Learning and Development Curriculum to sponsorship options for relevant certifications
Clear career progression- here, you can move on and up, adding management responsibilities.
Competitive pay: we offer an industry-leading and radically different approach to pay, progression and benefits. Our Deal is a vibrant combination of secondment and fast-track opportunities plus one, transparent, company-wide and performance related bonus and mechanism. This also includes payment towards student loans, preferential banking offers, the opportunity to finish work early on Fridays in summer - and even a day off for your birthday.
Who are we?
We are one of the world's largest asset management firms, building a brand new department in Financial Services. We might be world leaders, but in many ways the department feels like a start-up, with a twist. There's the buzz of scrum working, the thrill of shaping compelling experiences, the chance to surprise and stretch yourself in response to a challenge.
In our Financial Services Technology Enablement practice we help our Banking (retail, corporate and investment banking) & Insurance clients to build and manage large-scale, multi-country, complex, technology-enabled business transformation programmes. We drive this transformation through the adoption of Cloud based technologies and have strategic relationships with Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM to name a few.
We consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for. An inclusive and diverse culture is critical for our business to thrive and grow and have many awards to prove this e.g. The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for the 7th consecutive year in 2017. We know that a successful business is a diverse business and are proud to be one of the government's first ever Social Mobility Business Compact 'champions'.
Who are you?
We are looking for people who are passionate about tech and improvement to join us on our journey. The successful candidate will need to have:
- A never ending appetite for technology and driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Experience in an object oriented language (C#, Java or Python)
- Experience and interest in other languages and paradigms
- An education and/or understanding of Computer Science or a field of Mathematics
We welcome software engineers with experience in cloud environments who are happy to bring their experiences on board and add another dimension to our solutions.
We would also love to hear about any exposure you've had to the following (these are not essential, but you're likely to be using them going forward in the role):
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- RESTful APIs and microservices best practice
- CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity, Terraform, Octopus)
- Knowledge of ORMs (Entity Framework, Hibernate)
- Worked in an Agile and XP methodologies (Scrum, pair-programming)
- SOLID code design practices
- BDD/TDD approach
- Secure software development principles
- Solution development and delivery into a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- ANSI SQL scripting capability (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- NoSQL solutions (AWS DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Integration with logging/monitoring tools (CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, StackDriver Monitoring, AppInsights, New Relic, Raygun.io)
- Source control (git)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.