Senior PHP Developer APIs, Laravel, SaaS Derby £45,000Following a period of expansion and new SaaS product being developed, a Senior PHP Developer is required to...
Ruby Developer / Rails Developer / Ruby-on-rails Developer
My client is a fast-growing London-based eCommerce start-up offering sophisticated user experience and delivers beautiful products.
They are looking for a driven individual to support the CTO across a range of development activities to help grow the business across new products and geographies. You will be joining a small but highly motivated team.
The position will report into the CTO. It will be the developer's responsibility to advise on technologies, ensure best practices and to constantly improve existing site performance. The ability to adapt to new approaches and build quickly is very important. In addition, a keen attention to detail and the ability to finish a project to a high level of polish is also necessary.
You will be required to have:
- Good knowledge of Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL (or MySQL), Java and Nodejs (nice to haves)
- Experience in designing web systems architecture
- Understanding of database management, data warehousing and if possible, data analysis at scale
- Previous experience with Heroku or AWS (ideally)
- Experience and interest in optimising for performance throughout the stack
- Proactive problem solving abilities
- Able to work quickly, to tight deadlines, is self-motivated and highly organised
What's on offer? Competitive salary, monthly allowance for cultural activities, company pension scheme, flexible working, team lunches/breakfasts and cultural excursions, relaxed, friendly and informal office environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.