A Programme Manager with experience of working within the digital / creative / multi-channel environments is required to join a leading online digital organisation in...
The Application Architect will work & be based in Watford working with the global Architects team across UK/Europe/US.
- Provides technical direction for the design of complex and large scale systems solutions to effectively meet business needs. Provides leadership for the solution design of projects that address key business needs, including the analysis of multiple solution options.
- Partners with the Enterprise Architecture team on the creation of the conceptual architecture that addresses the high level business requirements. Participates in Solution Architecture Reviews for applicable projects.
- Authors complex macro level technical designs that define how the functional requirements will be technically enabled.
- Provides guidance to an extended project team related to the solution architecture and technical design. Assists and advises project teams in the configuration, testing, implementation and support of technical solutions.
- Authors sizing and detailed estimates for complex new project requests. Participates in the creation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for large and complex projects. Maintains estimate artifacts for solution designs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintains expert knowledge in multiple business applications/services or a critical highly integrated Enterprise business application/service supporting a given domain. Provides input into technical application roadmaps including the recommendation of IT driven projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience interpreting functional needs and writing or editing solution designs for new systems, systems changes or system enhancements.
- Previous experience in the design phase of complex systems projects.
- Specific packaged application and technology expertise in alignment with specific domains.
- Technology design experience which includes Performance, Security, Availability, as well as Operations, Monitoring and Support.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and PCI policies and controls.
- Solid functional understanding of the business processes supported in a given domain's business applications.
- Strong consulting, leading and mentoring skills.
- Ability to understand the big picture and the short term perspectives of specific situations.
- Expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
If you are an Application Architect with proven experience then we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.