Contracts Team Manager Development ManchesterPackage £100k+onezeero. Is on the look-out for you to be our contract team manager in the software development world! You will...
Java Developer - Media - £450-£550/day - 6 months rolling contract
A global media company is looking for talented Java developers to join their team. You'll join a department of 250+ spanning all areas of technology including server side, web and cloud software development, quality assurance, integration, on premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
The department itself is run as a start-up but with the backing of a big corporate to give you the infrastructure and benefits without the red tape constricting ideas. You will work in a truly Agile continuous delivery environment that consists of multi-disciplined co-located teams empowered to choose their own methodologies. Employees are encouraged to participate in regular hack days as well as attend external events and conferences.
Responsibilities (besides developing high quality code) include:
- Participating in the architectural design of both systems and infrastructure
- Ensuring the platform meets its security and compliance requirements
- Participating in system uprages and feature rollouts
- Working collaboratively to ensure adequate documentation for systems and processes are in place.
- 5+ years' experience of Object Oriented development experience
- Highly proficient in Java 8 and at least one other programming language (Node.js would be desirable)
- Passion for developing software in alignment with best practices such as SOLID, TDD, Peer Review and Pair Programming
- Experience working as part of an Agile delivery team
- Good working knowledge of the AWS infrastructure
- Experience in designing and building RESTful APIs
Examples of projects you might work on:
- Commerce Platform (cloud first and follows a microservices architecture built on AWS) to support the commerce requirements for customers globally
- Identity and Access Management Platform where you can expect to participate in projects to enable different authentication mechanisms such as Social Login, SSO and 2FA and also contribute to the delivery of the platform API strategy
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.