Data Architect is needed for maintenance and development of data models and architecture, the role includes database design from logical models and requirement and contribution to overall software architecture and design.
Overview of work
- Work with customers in order to analyse business requirements, with implementation of those requirements within the existing data model, or formulation of design enhancements to the data model to fulfil those requirements.
- Preparation and interpretation of Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), database designs and system interface definitions. Work with Software Architects on overall system design and architecture.
- Work with customers in order to identify non-functional requirements and produce designs that fulfil non-functional requirements such as volume and performance.
Skills and experience
- Business analysis experience
- The ability to prepare and interpret ERDs
- Logical data modelling knowledge
- Physical data/relational database design
- Develop and maintain coherent and flexible database designs, facilitating/enabling the integration of multiple projects to a standard data model.
- Understanding of DB technology features and their effective deployment in production systems, e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate on a technical and non-technical level.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Customer focused
- Able to travel to customer sites in the UK and abroad
- Demonstrable experience of design of enterprise scale database models on one of DB2, Oracle, SQL server
- Proven ability to work in distributed systems
- UML knowledge
- Experience of interpreting Use Cases
- Demonstrable skills in the design of enterprise databases for efficient performance
- Capacity management issues relating to OLTP and Data Warehouse solutions
- Understand issues relating to ease of deployment and operation in a managed service environment
- Take-on and integration of legacy systems
- Knowledge of e-commerce and in-store retail systems
- Knowledge of a database engine, preferably Oracle (9i or 10g desirable)
- Knowledge of multiple DB technologies i.e. SQL Server, DB2 an advantage
- Strong XML skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Schema an advantage
If the data architect role is of interest then please apply.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.