Test AnalystAre you based in Merseyside area and bored of your current role? Are you looking for a fun and different environment in which to...
SQL Server DBA Developer is required to join the groups data engineering team, the SQL Server DBA Developer will be based out of Cheshire, you will be part of a journey that my client are investing in a two year programme to utilise open source and best of breed technologies such as Talend for ETL, MongoDB and Vertica for Data Warehousing along with R and Tableau for data mining to develop the data asset.
What's in it for you
- Responsible for facing off to different areas of the organisation
- Deliver new data solutions and enhancing existing ones
- Working on a state of the art digital platform
- Delivery of new projects and changes for the business
- Working as part of multi-disciplined squads across the data tribe using agile methodologies to support the delivery of data-driven technology projects
- Working in an Agile organisation you will be active in daily stand-ups.
- You will be given opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill in other areas, as well as increase capability within the team
- Develop data solutions and best practice using Linux based database technologies such as Vertica & MySQL.
- A core aspect of this role will be the ability to support multiple systems across the data technologies in the new estate but also the legacy applications which are still critical through the transition.
- Ensure the delivery of secure and efficient data products to project timescales.
- Take ownership of incidents and problems and work them through to a successful conclusion.
- Work with ETL Developers / Designers to develop solutions and best practice using ETL technologies such as Talend.
- Sourcing Data for the various Product builds.
- Significant database design and build experience with very large databases (VLDB) ideally on a distributed ParAccel platform.
- Exposure to Java
- Strong shell scripting experience
- Understanding of best practice of ETL / ELT design to achieve best performance
- Experience of troubleshooting & performance tuning techniques to cope with the challenges presented by large data volumes on a multi user analytics system
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practices, methodologies, techniques, tools, resources and data legislation
- Demonstrable understanding in database design, modelling and best practice.
- Very strong SQL skills and experience.
- Experience with database technologies, Vertica would be a distinct advantage, SQL Server is a must and ideally MySQL and MongoDB in addition
- Strong experience and knowledge of security principals with the ability to design and implement performant solutions with that best practice as a foundation.
- Experience of Linux based applications
- An understanding of Cloud Computing, in particular database and ETL integration into the Cloud.
Nice to have:
- A Degree (or equivalent qualification) in any subject
- Experience of working in a Web development environment.
- Experience working in a mixed development team including an offshore partner
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience in a variety of commercial and IT environments
- Delivery of Analytics and CRM projects
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving
- Confidence to challenge assumptions and push back against unreasonable demands where necessary.
If the SQL Server DBA Developer is of interest then please do apply to learn more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.