A Business Analyst with experience working on large scale Software projects in an Agile environment is required to join a world leading consultancy organisation in...
An IT Engineer with some exposure or interest in IT Security is required to join a global organisation in their Leeds office. This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual looking to take the next step in their career as an IT Security Engineer, with a business which supports and encourages training and development. You will have ideally come from a background working in IT (such as 2nd Line Support Engineer - Infrastructure or Networking) or hold a relevant degree. Training will be provided.
About the role:
As the IT Security Engineer, you will be assisting in the business' expansion of their global technical security capability. As part of this, you will be ensuring appropriate protection for their data and IP assists in line with company polices and regulatory requirements. In addition to this you will be responsible for the following:
- All things 'offensive security' - vulnerability assessments, Penetration testing, supporting the SIEM platform
- Incident / response management, tracking and investigations
- Driving improvements to the businesses network infrastructure and penetration testing programmes
- Planning tests, managing logistics, reviewing results, managing remediation and reporting
- Conducting security reviews on infrastructure assets such as firewalls, servers, networks, cloud tenants, storage etc
As the IT Security Engineer you will have either some previous experience of IT Security in some capacity (as an engineer etc) or have a degree within IT Security or a related subject. The following experience / exposure to the below would also be highly beneficial to your application:
- Firewalls, anti-malware, security controls etc
- Programming or scripting - e.g powershell, BASH, Perl
- Networking (any vendor) firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet etc) penetration testing tools (e.g Wireshark, John The Ripper, Nagios, Nessus)
- Reporting, documentation, data analysis, 3rd party management
This is a unique role to join an enterprise business where you will have the opportunity to learn as you go, to become the 'go to' person for all things IT Security, globally. Working closely with the experienced IT Security Manager, you will receive training and guidance in addition to external certified training. If you'd like to apply or discuss further, get in touch!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.