Do you have great leadership and communication skills?
Do you take pride on your customer service abilities?
Are you skilled around technical fundamentals and have a talent for problem solving?
The Senior Web Operations Engineer of E-Commerce is responsible for maintaining and improving the availability, performance and usability of various E-Commerce Systems. The role provides breadth and depth of opportunity across the E-Commerce landscape.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the E-Commerce platform. Ensure systems meet availability goals, transactions perform as expected, capacity is available and user experience is excellent.
- Participates in E-Commerce projects responsible for leading service transition activities and defining the non-functional requirements that must be met for changes to be operationally ready. Works with various team members to define, implement and test non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for leading production deployment of each release. Pulls together the cross-functional tasks required to deploy, test and sign-off on all releases.
- Leads holiday readiness activities responsible for leading volume tests, resiliency tests and similar activities.
- Drives the resolutions of incidents and problem affecting the E-Commerce platform.
- Leverages various application performance and web analytics tools and logs to monitor performance and identify any potential issues requiring resolution.
- Collaborates with leadership and business partners to appropriately assess and prioritize issues affecting the site.
- Collaborates with team members and vendors to address issues and improve site performance.
- Provides sound communication to key stakeholders when service disruptions occur.
- Responsible for reporting the health and trend of the E-commerce platform
- Tracks changes affecting the E-Commerce environment.
- Ensures critical systems are highly available with tested backup and recovery procedures in place.
- Experience with E-Commerce
- Experience with Webstore Sales, Merchandising and Supply Chain business processes and systems
- Experience working with and holding vendors accountable
- Experience with PL/SQL, etc.
- Contextual technical understanding of solution architecture, design and development
- Curious, Inquisitive with strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of technical issues
- Web and Java development experience preferred
- Website operations experience preferred
- Experience following ITIL incident, problem and change management processes preferred
- Experience with service transition processes preferred
- Experience with monitoring and web analytics tools preferred
- Experience using SaaS based services preferred
- Experience with security controls preferred
If the Senior Web Operations Engineer of E-Commerce role is of interest then please do apply.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.