Are you looking for a new challenging journey to work with an engaging team?
Are you currently working as Head of Business Intelligence or have the experience to step up to this role?
Do you have Business Intelligence experience based around Tableau (or similar) and can work in Agile and Waterfall project methodologies?
Seeking an experienced, motivated and focussed Head of Business Intelligence to join a growing IT team due to increased profitability and market share, ideally you will have experience working within a software implementation/software dev environment and have good strategic, leadership and change abilities.
What's in it for you!
- Working with exciting innovative new products/technologies
- Established Business Intelligence architecture which is based around Tableau
- You will get to review the existing BI solution and to deliver substantial improvements to the reporting capabilities and support services
The Head of BI will report to the IT Development Director and will be based in Crewe Cheshire.
Typical work activities will include:
- Take a lead role in the strategic planning and implementation of the BI solutions used across the organisation
- Develop strong working relationships with business users and deliver reporting capabilities and associated support services that will increase user adoption and perception of BI across the organisation
- Work with the business to identify and agree improvement opportunities, and manage the process for prioritising, scheduling and delivering the pipeline of development activity
- Review the existing BI architecture, data warehouse and reports and identify recommendations for improvement, including a plan for implementing the agreed improvements
- Review the existing BI end user support process and identify recommendations for improvement, including a plan for implementing the agreed improvements
- Ensure that agreed improvements are delivered on time, to budget and that the deployed solutions meet business expectations
- Ensure that end user adoption of the BI capabilities are maximised through support and education, and that appropriate continuous improvement activities are being performed to manage ongoing usage and end user satisfaction
- Ensure that changes / improvements are effectively communicated and implemented
- Define BI / visualisation best practices and provide education and assurance to ensure these best practices are being adhered to
- Manage, coach and mentor members of the BI development team, ensuring they are well motivated and delivering high quality outputs
- Ensure that BI documentation is appropriate, up to date and available to relevant stakeholdersThe essential
- Previous experience in a similar role, providing leadership and driving change through continuous improvement
- Experience of using BI technologies to deliver effective, high quality reporting capabilities in a complex business environment
- Ability to provide the vision for how insight can be delivered through BI technologies, and how this can drive business / financial improvement
- Experience of implementing visualisation technologies such as Tableau
- Experience of managing, planning and delivering a pipeline of improvements
- Ability to influence stakeholders and to effectively manage customer expectations
- Ability to build a strong rapport with members of the IT Team and the wider business teams, ensuring that responsibilities are clearly defined, communicated and agreed
- Technical aptitude and an ability to provide a communication bridge between the business and BI team
If you are a fit for the Business Intelligence role then please do apply.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.