An Aftersales Consultant who has experience of Dealer Management Systems (preferably within a dealership) is required to join an international business in their Manchester office....
Oracle Developer is urgently needed to join a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of in-house Oracle systems, working through the full development lifecycle.
The Oracle Developer must have Oracle experience with exposure to both Oracle Forms and Reports, You will also have experience using PL/SQL and ideally you will have some exposure to DBA activities such as creating tables and triggers. Familiarity with Java technologies is also an advantage.
Typical work activities include:
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering Application Support, Development and System Improvements.
- Designing and developing Oracle Forms/Reports and PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items inline with the original estimate.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for applications developed providing ongoing application support if required.
- Strong experience, over at least 2 years, of working with a small, highly skilled design teams, and working to tight deadlines
- Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports 6i minimum
- Experience of working with Oracle database technologies, in particular SQL, PL/SQL, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views
- Exposure to the full development life-cycle, including requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and support
- Exposure to additional database technologies, Postgres, MySQL
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Configuration Control and change management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Mercurial, Jira)
- The ability to confidently construct viable project plans/documentation and report to managers
- Experience of Agile development using Scrum methodology
- Experience using Subversion version control
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.