I'm representing a leading SaaS company currently recruiting for a talented PHP Developer who can become an active part of the company as they set...
My client are a multi-platform media business operating with some of the most popular brands in the UK. They currently have a headcount of over 1000, engaging with 20 million consumers each month and offering a range of innovative products and services.
They are looking for a PHP developer to work as part of the Technology Team developing digital products in accordance with the business and technology goals. You will be participating in stand-ups and planning meetings and working closely with the Technology Leadership Team to ensure that implementations meet the technical objectives and departmental standards and practices.
- Ensure key developments are professionally designed and implement multi-media experiences in-line with the business specifications that also comply with the department standards and practices
- Work closely with all members of the Agile team to deliver high-quality code that is tested and delivered across the full the Software Development Life Cycle
- Participate in all Agile planning meetings and stand-ups
- Ensure all code is tested and code reviewed to the highest standards
- Enhance the delivery and quality of the digital proposition products within Immediate Media
- Be a significant contributor to the team-based efforts to create exciting and successful digital products which will be the basis of the company's future revenue growth in the Media sector
- Adapt quickly to changing environments, concepts and emerging technologies to assist in the future roadmap of our products and consumer experiences
- Participate in and contribute to the technical vision for the wider development team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the craftsmanship and engineering aspects of software development.
Candidates will be required to command good communication skills and work well within a team structure, and an intermediate understanding of the following:
- RESTful API development and consumption
- Database migration strategies
- Caching solutions
- BDD / TDD / DDD and use of mocks and dependency injection e.g. PHPUnit
- Integrated development environments and debugging
- Source Control Management including branching (SCM) e.g. Git
- Problem solving using code
- Design Patterns
- Object-oriented principles
- Agile Methodologies
- Best Practices
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.