onezeero. are working with a global multibillion pound turnover business who are searching for a Oracle Solution Architect, the Oracle Solution Architect will report to the head of Strategy and Architecture.
The Oracle Solution Architect responsibilities:
- The development of business systems solution designs, mapping of business requirements to system/technical requirements and maintaining the integrity of the Applications Architecture;
- Reviewing and interpreting business requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future technology capability;
- Bringing experience, innovation and best practice in solution design to ensure the optimal designs are adopted to best meet business objectives
- Ensuring accurate and complete architecture related documentation is maintained and is made available to Business Analysts and Global Process Owners;
- Definition of current state architecture, future Redcaps (inc. End of Service Life) and where appropriate authoring of application related Solution Blueprints;
- Run the architecture governance forum (Technical Design Authority), ensuring change is managed in an effective and consistent manner through the use and promotion of policies, standards, processes, procedures, technology, tools and techniques.
Developing Capability and Performance:
- Lead the creation or evolution of the Applications (Business Systems) Solution Architecture, including Roadmaps and Solution Blueprint (designs).
- Understand, advocate and support the Global IT strategy.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide applications decision making.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the Applications Architecture based on business outcomes and IT strategy.
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling exceptions) are associated with architecture principles.
- Lead the evaluation and selection of solutions design standards.
- Identify organisational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the architecture.
- Oversee the documentation of all application architecture design and analysis work.
- Responsible for selecting and recommending the appropriate components, technologies and products.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to utilize innovative solutions.
- Responsible for aligning the Applications Roadmaps with the Enterprise, Infrastructure and Data Roadmaps.
Essential background and skills:
- A formal education equivalent to an Undergraduate degree within either a technical or business management discipline is required.
- Seven to ten years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as applications architecture, application development, middleware or information analysis) in a multitier global environment.
- Influential in the organisation and able to demonstrate the design of a significant technical solution that was adopted.
- Experience of working in or with Tier 1 Outsourcing Organisations
- Respected as a Leader but also able to be a team player.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategy
- Neutral towards technology, vendor and product choices; with a keen focus on business outcomes.
- Effective at driving short and mid-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation with vendors.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments, especially Oracle and Microsoft.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic solutions architecture.
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and building business cases
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of alternatives.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API's for integration purposes
- Knowledge in web-based systems and service-based architectures
- ITIL Foundation or higher certification
If your skills are a match for the Oracle Solution Architect role then please do apply.