About the role:A Technical Delivery Manager is required to join a leading organisation in Leeds. You will be leading the delivery of a marketing leading...
A unique opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer with vast experience in fibre optics, Ethernet and IP is required to join a leading business in York. You will be supporting and leading the technical pre-sales and post-sales activities, including onsite and remote assistance for installations and commissioning.
About the role:
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will be a key member if the product customer service team, working closely with end users providing support and supervision. You will be supporting Telecoms equipment using Ethernet and WDM technologies. In addition to this, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Creation of support tickets, tracking issues and defects
- Project Work - including input into network design, leading of technical staff and 3rd parties during installations, commissioning, upgrades and investigations
- Conducting customer workshops and training - development of technical training on the company products / creation of documentation
- Customer demonstrations and trials of the business' products
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will have previous experience supporting / working with fibre optics and Ethernet. In addition to this, the following experience will be highly beneficial to your application:
- Extensive hands-on technical experience in fibre optics, DWDM, LAN's, Ethernet & IP
- Good knowledge of network management systems
- Exposure to Storage Area Network
- Excellent communication, customer facing and presentation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Engineer to become client facing, taking a step towards fibre optic / network presales.
The business is offering a starting salary of £35,000 + car allowance + £6K bonus and extensive benefits package.