Network Security EngineerI am working with a global financial organisation based in Cheshire who has a requirement for a Network Security Engineer within a large...
Application Support Analyst - SQL
Excellent opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join this growing team with a Public sector client based in the North West.
- Supporting corporate business applications such as Finance, Workflow and HR systems
- Resolving issues directly as well as liasing with 3rd party software vendors
- 24 days holiday + benefits + excellent pension scheme
Good knowledge and understanding of the following is required:
- Writing SQL/T-SQL
- SQL databases
***Experience with SQL packages such as SSIS and SSRS, is desirable.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Providing day-to-day support and training with the in-house corporate reporting solution including the build and maintenance of management information reports and dashboards
- Administer the systems and their interfaces to the most recent released version of the software and wherever possible take responsibility for the upgrade and testing process liaising with the Senior Application Support Analysts, software suppliers and network / server support staff
- Deal with requests for new management information reports and maintain existing reports, along with the maintenance of corporate data-warehouses
- Liaison with vendors' help desks to resolve application and interface problems, issues and bugs raised by end-users within agreed timescales
- Systems administrator for the Groups application software packages
- Work closely with end-users to analyse their information needs and produce functional end-user specifications to a high standard and propose effective IT solutions with a clear emphasis on customer focussed outcomes
- To be responsible for the support of mail merge functions
- Undertake and assist in the acceptance testing of new upgrades / software patches prior to release to end users
- Maintain an effective two way flow of jargon-free communication with system users and keep them appropriately and regularly updated on major system events that will affect their service or use of the system
An excellent opportunity for a graduate in the early stages of their career to join a growing Application Support team.
Interviews are taking place later this week.