IT Business Relationship Manager Technology Conultancy Background Need to have a passion for technology and a broad understandingWell rounded customer focussed professional with an in...
Release Manager - ERP - SaaS/Cloud - Client facing
My client is an international ERP consultancy organisation, I am assisting them in the search for a Release Manager with the following skills;
Role function and responsibilities:
- To own the Release Management lifecycle through release planning, building of release packages, deployment, early life support and release closure.
- To negotiate, plan and manage release activities performed by (Project Management, Cloud Operations, Business Consultancy, Extensions Consultancy, Deployment Management, Test Management, Product Engineering), the client team and any third-party providers, as appropriate.
- To maintain the release schedule and ensure alignment across the client and third parties.
- To manage the approval of release content and communicate release details / schedules to all parties as required, including participation in CAB meetings.
- To maintain the configuration, inventory and 'current status' catalogue documentation for each environment in line with each version release (e.g. Development, Test, UAT, Training, Pre-Production and Production).
- To provide guidelines and support for the deployment of releases and to continually work towards improving the Release Management tools and processes.
Qualifications and qualities:
- Good bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems).
- 5+ years of previous Release Management and/or related Project Management experience.
- Experience of setting up a Release Management function preferable.
- 3-5 years of experience in ERP / Information Systems operations environments (preferably Cloud-based SaaS implementations).
- ITIL Certification (or equivalent).
- ITIL Service Capability Release Control Validation preferable.
- Technically minded with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail (since deployments can include many small, interrelated pieces and small mistakes can have major implications).
- Knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of branching and merging.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to coordinate cross-functional work teams.
- Service-oriented and customer-focused - ability to communicate with many different parts of the business and with clients and partners with differing agendas
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to 'manage up' and provide reporting / updates to Senior Management in IT and the Business.