PHP Developer- Manchester City Centre- Up to £42,000 paUnique and exiting opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer with the following skills:Strong commercial knowldge of PHPPotentially...
An opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager who has experience within the Legal or Insurance sector, to join an Enterprise organisation in their Manchester office. You will have prior experience managing a cross-functional team, taking an active role in hands-on man management and technical management.
About the role:
As the Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing the specification, design, customisation and development off bespoke and off the shelf applications. In addition to this, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the resources allocated to the development team are effectively managed
- Assisting senior stakeholders with setting application strategies, roadmaps and legacy transitions
- General management of software and application development and customisation - overseeing the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Implementation of methodologies, processes and strategies, such as ITIL, Agile, Prince 2 and Waterfall
- Ensuring Team Leads are delivering to and aware of development plans and business requirements
- Creation and management of testing environments
- Management of costs and budgets, in addition to contributing strategically to the annual IT budget
As the Development Manager, you will have had previous experience within a Legal, Insurance or similar environment. In addition to this, the following would be highly desirable to your application:
- Previous experience managing a cross functional team e.g Developers, Business Analysts and Testers
- Extensive development experience with the Microsoft technology stack - e.g .Net, SQL, C#, MVC, HTML, TFS, SharePoint
- Experience within enterprise/global enterprise environments
- Experience managing multi-site teams
- Proven experience within testing, deployment, continuous integration, build & delivery, source control and configuration management
This is an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager looking to take on a bigger challenge, shaping and setting strategy within a large enterprise organisation. The business is offering up to £70,000 for the right individual.